Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just clouds and sky....


Amazing. Unbelievable. Astounding. So I'm back from the island and there are really no words to describe it. Between the light blue waters and the white sandy beaches, it was your typical tropical paradise. But I'm actually not here to write about the trip its self. I'm going to talk about the plane ride.
I have been on my fair share of planes in my lifetime. Florida, California, Louisiana, Nevada, Utah... you get the picture. So Unlike once of the girls I was with, the plane ride was the least of my worries. I mean don't get me wrong as soon as the plane begins to race down the runway I always find myself mumbling an Our Father. But i guess this time my prayer held more power.
The week before i left i was doubting a lot of different things in my life. Everything was getting more complicated then it used to be and I found myself longing for that childhood simplicity again.
I needed a break from everything. So there I sat in the runway with two of my best friends to my right as the plane began to speed away and the up into the sky.
After calming my one friend down and getting regrouped and settled a bit more I took a second to look out the window.
Wow. Everything down below dwindled away untill it seemed as if it wasnt even there at all. Mountains of white puffy clouds took over the sky as they were scattered amongst the blue blanket which surrounded me. Thats when I realized something. I am the only one making things complicated. Life in fact is so simple. At first glance you see all the details and the gray areas and we tend to get so wrapped up in all that. but as you zoom out making the pools into puddles, the cars into ants and the people into Polly pockets, you see just blue and white. Just clouds and sky. And that is really all there is to it. Simple. What about all the details and all the things we left below as we flew away, you ask? well, that is where faith comes in. We cant control it, so why try? We just need to focus on the things that matter. The big picture. The clouds and sky.
Any doubts I had flew out the window that day.
Looking down from the window that day I realized a lot of things. Life is really what you make it. No problem is really as important as it seems. Everything looks better zoomed out. And nothing beats a window seat on a plane. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment