Sunday, July 25, 2010

clearing the view

So tonight I was driving home with 3 people who i love. As we drove... radio up... windows down, our conversation came to a lull and we just sat swimming in our own thoughts. The crisp summer air swarmed through the windows and rushed through us while the crazy indie music filled the empty space. It was one of those perfectly clear nights out and the moon was just about full, creating a glow over the entire road. None of us said a word but in a way that said everything. As we drove in silence I couldn't help but smile. At that moment life was perfect. So simple. I know I always somehow come back to talking about the simplicity of life but in the end isn't that exactly what it is. simple.

Its those small, separate, moments where we can just be. They bring me back down to earth and shake me awake showing me the beauty of life that was temporarily forgotten.

Thank God for those little reminders.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment