SO the other night i finally took the time out to go to confession. It has been hanging over my head for awhile now.. i have been wanting to go before Christmas. Well anyways before confession i spent the entire day shopping and totally getting in the Christmas spirit with two good friends. When we finally made to to the church i sat down and realized how blessed i was to have so many friends who i can share my faith with. Its truly amazing.
If anyone has ever seen me minutes before i go into the confessional then you know i am a nervous wreck. This time in particular because i had a few things that i have been carrying around for awhile now. I hate the waiting game. I hate standing there feeling all my sins flood my mind and trying my hardest not to forget any of them. As horrible as it is... it is humbling. How often do you sit there and think of everything you did wrong in the past 2 months? like i said... humbling.
So finally i go in and do my thang ( im not gonna paint a picture for you) and i come out. Not even exaggerating.... I felt like i was in a Claratin commercial. Everything was so much clearer and brighter! Literally! It was an incredible feeling! I have not had a confession this good in a long time and boy did it feel good! As annoying as going to confession is.. it is such a miracle and im pretty much obsessed with it. That feeling you get after is such a high! I can sit here and try to put it into words... but that wouldnt even come close to describing it. It knocks down the wall between us and Jesus. The fact that he will forgive us for anything is an amazing and beautiful thing. God is good so good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment